The Ontario government recently expanded the eligibility for individuals who can receive the fourth dose of the COVID-19 vaccine to include:
- individuals who are 60 years or older; and
- First Nation, Inuit, and Métis individuals and their non-Indigenous household members who are 18 years or older.
Additionally, the Ontario government also expanded eligibility for COVID-19 antiviral treatments such as Paxlovid. As of April 11, 2022, the following individuals, who are at higher risk of developing severe illness from COVID-19, are eligible to be tested and assessed for their eligibility to receive COVID-19 antiviral treatments:
- individuals who are 18 years and older who are immunocompromised;
- individuals who are 70 years and older;
- individuals who are 60 years and older with fewer than three vaccine doses; and
- individuals who are 18 years and older with fewer than three vaccine doses and at least one risk condition (e.g., a chronic medical condition).
Individuals who are part of high-risk groups are also eligible for a PCR test at any testing centre in Ontario.
As always, we will continue to monitor for any new developments related to COVID-19 and post about any updates relevant for employers.